I will give you instructions for the original size of the cage I built: 32 inches by 16 inches, and 36 inches tall. This makes a nice roomy cage, but it is very heavy (I eventually lopped 10 inches of the height of mine, which helped a bit). The cage shown above is my shortened version.
You may need to experiment a bit with shelf options; that is the aspect of this cage that I have struggled with the most. In the end I opted for a single shelf, and added a hammock as well as corner litter boxes which are suspended higher in the cage and are used mainly as beds.
- 4 Closet Shelves (vinyl-coated wire shelves), each 6 feet long by 16 inches wide. If possible, get your hardware store to cut these in half.
- Large pack of plastic zip ties (cable ties)
- Large Underbed Storage Container (at least 16 inches wide and 32 inches long)
- 8 foot long piece J-channel - vinyl siding component
- Clip to hold door closed such as a bolt snap